Monday, December 31, 2007

A very small sweater

is still a finished sweater, after all!
Ripples in Time sweater from Inspired Cable Knits. Knit in Sirdar Baby Bamboo, for K's baby (no sign yet but due date was yesterday)
I love how it turned out, and absolutely hated the horror that was the weaving in of all the ends. Every piece seemed to take just over a skein, so there were loads of ends. I seamed the whole thing with crochet, and have ended up with nice strong seams, which I wove most of the ends into.
I'm glad I took the time to restart this a couple of times to get it right. It'll probably be a bit big so the kid can grow into it and it might last a little longer for that.
Enough of the baby stuff for now though - I ordered yarn for Eunny's Tangled Yoke cardigan this week, so will get going with that soon, too.

1 comment:

Mandella said...

Lucky baby. That's a lovely sweater and I like the way you've adapted it from the pattern in book. I've got plans to knit Gathering Intentions someday.